Monday, December 13, 2010

Recent Dexy-isms

Dexy is really starting to get into all things academic - writing, coloring, letters, shapes, drawing pictures, etc. He loves getting to use the markers like a big boy.
He is such a puppy, especially when he eats. He'll stick his face down into his bowl to get his food, hang pieces of food from his teeth and shake his head back and forth, make a huge mess, and lick the table when he's finished.

Dexy has decided that it's time for him to have his own choice of clothing. Usually I can keep it within the realm of normal, but sometimes not. Like this day, he wouldn't hear of wearing anything other than this monkey romper eventhough it was like 30 degrees outside. So, then I made him choose some BabyLegs and of course, argyles. And then more stripes on the sweater. My brother told me he looked like a court jester! I actually found it quite adorable!


Here's more of my newly, academic Dexter. At the park, while we drive, wherever, he likes to find letters and make their sounds. He has kind of a hard time talking for some reason, so he's not able to say the letter names, but he can say most of their sounds and recognizes all 26 letters! My kids are awesome!

And again, here's Dexy enjoying his newly found love of learning. He will always bring the magnetic doodle board over to me and ask me to write certain letters or draw pictures of animals (he can make all the animal sounds too, even if he can't say their names). Then he'll take the pen from me and do some of his own writing. Once he even wrote an actual 'p'! He's just getting soooo big, not only physically (he's huge) but mentally as well! Dexy is growing up so much. I do need to teach him sign language, though, because he's having a lot of frustration with communication. We love his (generally) pleasant nature, his mischevious dimpled smile, and his willingness to give of his love with big hugs and cuddles!

3 comments:

Rob O said...

Such a cute boy!

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Angie, you are so sweet! Thanks for all of your comments. Your boys sound so fun right now. I love, love, love the "outfit." Don't we have the smartest four kids ever? :)

Cristina said...

Dexy is the sweet heart of our bunch. I love the crazy outfit, I'll just say that the gypsies dressed him.