Saturday, June 27, 2009

Super St. George Visit











































Brian left for Denver on June 20th at 8am. About as soon as he was gone, I was lonely. A few hours later, I was talking with my mom on the phone about how long Brian was going to be gone and how I was so sad to be all alone. She said, "well, what do you have to do there?" Me, "nothing really." "So just come down to St. George and be with us," she said. Once she pointed it out, I couldn't resist. I threw a bunch of clean clothes in a laundry basket and some of Ollie's favorite toys in a plastic tub, grabbed all the diapers we had left and took off for St. George. And I'm so glad that I did. We stayed with my parents and had a great time reading stories, taking baths, getting to sitting on the counter, playing with Grandma's phone, and getting to sleep on people. Derek, Cristina and Jude came and played several times, too. On the last full day that we were there, we all went down to Main Street where the city has done a wonderful thing and built a "splashplay" fountain and a little stream with a little waterfall. Oliver took off for the fountain as soon as he saw it and went right in without fear. He played in there with Derek and Grandpa for quite a while. Then we went to play in the stream and even Jude got into the water there (it was much warmer than the fountain water, which was really fairly cold for a June day in St. George). Then he went back to the fountain. Ollie loved it and didn't want to leave. We all had a great time. It was the most fun that I've had for a while now. It was so great! That's why there are so many pictures, because we just loved it!

No comments: