Monday, July 13, 2009

The Long Drive





I came with my parents to Texas to see my oldest sister, Heather. We left on the 8th at about 1:30pm from St. George and arrived in Keller, TX (near Fort Worth) on Thursday morning at about 8:30. My dad drove all night long. The boys did very well. We only stopped 3 or 4 times. We had lots of snacks, drinks, and Backyardigans and Curious George shows for Oliver to watch on my mom's laptop. I'm so happy with how nice they were. But, they were still definitely happy to get here and be out of the car and able to play with cousins. The first pic is of both boys getting loves from Grandma while she explains to them the long drive that we are about to take. The next 2 pics are of both boys being so nice in the car. Ollie does have a large bag of cheesy, puffcorn keeping him happy. And the last pic is of freedom - out of the car, walking with Heather and Hadley to the playground at the school across the street.

2 comments:

Marie said...

This is in no way a slam, but a compliment. I was looking at that last picture thinking "Who is that adult walking with the kids? Is that Derek? Derek didn't go with them and I think it's a woman..." Geesh, Heathe... How much weight have you lost that you look like DEREK?! LOL!!!

Rob O said...

The boys were wonderful travelers, just like the Oliver children were.