Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Day

OK, so here is what we did for our New Year's Day festivites. We went to a big snowy hill and strapped our feet into death traps!

Just kidding! They weren't death traps, but I did fall......a lot..........a really lot. Ben's family has snowboards and these little skiis, so he and Amanda had a great idea to take us up the Salt Lake Canyon to try them out. Since the boys didn't really love it when we tried sledding, we left them at home with Grandma to eat lunch and take a nap while we hit the slopes. Only Ben has ever done any of this stuff before.

That became very obvious as the rest of us fell all over the place and he glided down the hill with grace.

I tried the skiis first and didn't do too, bad. Then I took a shot on one of the snowboards and fell so many times it wasn't funny. But, when I did stay up on it, the board went way fast, which was a fun ride. For a few seconds anyway. Brian stuck to the snowboard. Amanda and Angela stuck to the skiis. Ben did a little of both, too. And it wasn't even as cold as we thought it would be. It was a fun, adventurous, active way to kick off the New Year!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You're brave, I don't think I would have even attempted it, because I'm probably one of the clutsiest people in the world and even on that small hill I would have found a way to injure myself!

Cristina said...

HA HA *points finger and laughs* Angie fell down!