Sunday, August 7, 2011

Harry Potter Party!

AAAHHHHHH! I haven't posted in forever. What have I been doing? I haven't even posted about our amazing Harry Potter party and it was weeks ago! I think that when I posted these pictures on facebook, I felt like I had taken care of it, but I need them here, too. So here it is, finally. It was the party of the century! The pictures are good, but they don't do it justice. The feel of the whole thing really was magical.

My mom, Cristina and I got up to Angela's house on Wednesday night. One of the first things I was desperate to see was the tickets. We had 34 people from the party joining us at the midnight showing of the final movie. We took up the whole back row! When Angela pulled out all the tickets, I almost lost it! It was a great way to really get both my excitment and my obsession going. Look at all those tickets!

Then she pulled out the bin of goodies! They had worked so hard and made so many amazing things. We talked about final party plans and headed to bed.
The next morning, we got up and the work began. We set up house tables, quidditch, Ollivander's, King's Cross station, everything.

It took all morning and I ended up with a sunburn. It was so fun to see it all come together.

Here it is. The sorting station.

The Forbidden Forest.

The Pensive.

Chocolate frogs, painstackingly made by Wendy and Angela. They were so cute!

The rest of the goodies, including such wonderful things as a licorice wands, cauldron cakes, every flavor beans, pumpkin pasties, Irish bread, and an awesome snitch cake!

The house tables.

The Quibbler and Specterspecs, made by my clever sister-in-law Cristina. We gave them together as one of the prizes.

Ollivander's Wand Shop.

The prize table with potions, wands, treats from Honeydukes, and Weasley's Wizard Whezes.

Kings Cross Station, complete with bricks that you had to pass through to get onto Platform 9 3/4; Cristina's and Amanda's combinded genius. It looked AMAZING! Then the guests started arriving.

Including Harry Potter himself. Crisitina had a great, mad idea to go get a cardboard cut-out of Harry. It turned out to be one fun addition to the party.

Then it was time to take to the skies! Just taking a lap around the Quidditch Pitch! Again, Cristina's clever idea to lay and the ground to take these pictures to catch us flying!

They are epic pictures! I love how Cristina kind of looks like a crazy, little kid witch riding a broom for the first time.

Angela taking her turn. Some of the best pictures ever!

They had even made little sacks so the dogs could be dressed up as house elves.

As it got dark, the Goblet of Fire started to burn blue and threw out the names of the prize winners. Or in other words, I hid behind it and pitched the names out while hoping that they didn't fall into the fire for real. It was so fun!

I can't even believe how brilliant everything was and how magical it all became. After the prizes we pulled down the big screen that we had put on the side of the house and started watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, seeing as it was totally dark now and we were all getting excited.

At the part where they fight the Death Eaters in the cafe', Wade lite some fireworks and Angela set off the dark mark that she had made basically like a giant light brite. So clever!

Finally it was time to go to the theater. The party was awesome, but now we were anxious to see the new movie. Cristina and Brian's hilarious cousin, Laurie, had the mad idea to bring Harry with us to the cinema. We stuffed him in the car and rocked out to the wizard rock CD's I had complied for our party's playlist.

Harry ended up sticking out the sunroof as we turned onto the street of the theater. We couldn't stop laughing! We took him in and took some pictures with other awesome fans that had dressed up and then took Harry back to the car before finding our seats. After an incredibly long wait for only 15 minutes, the movie started and it was fabulous. It was all so brilliant! I'm sad that it's all over now and am having Harry Potter withdrawal.

4 comments:

Rob O said...

That sounds way fun.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Um, wow. I am seriously impressed. I can only imagine how much work went into it all!! It sounds like it was well worth it. (It even made me wish I was a bit obsessive about it, as well!)

LisaJ said...

So fun!! I'm jealous I wasn't there!

Cristina said...

HA HA we are going to remember that forever. I think my favorite part was the girly giggle fest or trying to stuff Harry Potter in the car with us. And trying to hold on to him as we drove down the road with him casting spells out the sun roof. And quidditch was so fun, and our robe making. AHH! It was all fun!