Monday, July 11, 2011

Quail Lake


On Saturday, we went with Derek and Cristina's family to Quail Lake. We were there for about an hour and it was so fabulous! It was great fun to drive a mear 15 minutes to park for free by a lake and go in and play! This is a beautiful place. I love living in St. George because of opportunities like this.



The kids loved playing and splashing in the water, which was actually very blue. Brain even came up with a great game where someone would throw his hat and then we'd "swim" the boys in a race to be the first to get the hat. They thought that was the best thing ever. It was hard for me, though, because my flip flops kept ripping apart. I guess it's time for water shoes. It was still so much fun, even with shoes that wouldn't hold together. We ended our time with some good old rock "skipping." I actually skipped one rock 7 times! That's a huge skipping stone record for me! The boys just threw them with a kur-plunk into the lake, but still loved it! Maybe it's because they choose huge rocks like that one Ollie is holding. He, he! Good times!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janey said...

I so miss Quail Creek! Fun skipping rocks & playing the hat game.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

What a good idea. For some reason, when Will and I think "lake," we never get past boating, which doesn't seem like the most kid-friendly activity, but you have inspired me here, Angie.

Cristina said...

Quick! While summer is young! To the lake for more water fun!

Rob O said...

Sounds like a great time! Maybe a week from Saturday when I'm there!