Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Big 30!

On October 18th, (I know, behind again) I turned 30. It has come. But really, nothing is different. I took my family to Menchie's for my birthday and then we celebrated with cake and Derek's family the next day. I made myself this delicious sponge cake. Cristina decorated it for me, gangsta style.

Blowing out my 3 whole candles. We decided to play it safe and just did one candle per decade.


I filled this bad boy with whipped cream and Nutella, which was Cristina's fabulous idea. It was so delightful! We couldn't wait for it to cool, though, so it was drippy. Didn't matter. Still SO GOOD!

2 comments:

Rob O said...

You are looking fantastic for such an old thing!

KelliAnn Christensen said...

So thirty isn't that bad, is it? It just always sounds a little depressing to me. :) Happy (very late) birthday!!