Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday, Oliver!



Our precious Oliver turned 4 on Sunday. He didn't get a party because we had just gotten back into town, but he was spoiled by his Bowles' grandparents and aunties for 5 whole days and then we did do dinner, cake and presents here with Derek's fam. We had homemade mac 'n cheese and corn beef that was so delicious. And he again requested the 'Angie classic chocolate cake.' I must admit, it is good!


We made it look like Blue's paw print from Blue's Clues. It's his current show phase. He loves it! I think the cake turned out quite well.


He watched Bolt at the house of one of our babysitting group friends about 2 months ago and has been asking to get it for his birthday ever since. So he did. It's in that bag. He was so excited about it!

And this was a great present from Cristina. She was with me one time, quite a while ago, when I showed her this toy called 'wall tracks.' She remembered and got it for his birthday and they are just as much fun as I thought they'd be! (I have no idea why this is randomly underlined now. My computer currently hates me.)

Ollie is just getting to be such a kid rather than a toddler. He has done so great at preschool, that after only a year, he no longer qualifies for the special ed preschool. I just found out today and it greatly saddens me because he loves it, but I'm so pleased in the fact that he could eradicate all of his anxiety and such behaviors in only one year! He speaks in fluent sentences, comes up with his own clever ideas and witty jokes, has started trying to actually color in the lines, is a champ at writing letters (see above image) and is generally so obedient and helpful. He is currently obsessed with Blue's Clues, playing on Zoodles on the computer, cutting paper, and playing in dirt (the next post with prove just how much he loves dirt). He had his 4 year well child check today and all was well. He's 42 inches and 40 lbs, the 75th percentile in weight and the 84th in height. He's just getting so big. We love him so much and are so glad that he started our family!

1 comment:

Rob O said...

Happy birthday to my wonderful Ollie! I love the cake. So does grandma.