Friday, August 6, 2010

Suspicion Confirmed!

This evening, we went to the first half of my 10 year high school reunion as a family. It was at Green Springs Park. There was a playground, a little splash pad, lots of grass, and lots of yummy food. It was fun for me to see some of the people that I hadn't seen for, well, 10 years. We were having a good time, until I saw Brian take off down a grassy hill. I knew then exactly what had happened - Ollie had rolled down the hill and Brian went to catch him, but didn't make it in time. I have had a very strong suspicion that Oliver is allergic to grass. I've never had him tested, but I just knew that he was. And boy was I right. He rolled down a grassy hill in nothing but swim trunks and this was the result.....
...rash, rash, rash! His skin looks like he'd been lashed a thousand times by a teeny whip. These pictures don't really do it justice. He looks like a reptile! We stopped and bought some allergy medicine and then gave him an oatmeal bath as soon as we got home.
He faced also looked whipped and even his eyes were going puffy.

After the initial 5 minutes of screaming, Ollie handled it well. Dexy, of course, was all smiles.
Happy by the end of his bath. But then there was more screaming as I slathered his whole body with hydrocortisone cream. He was glad to get his jammies on and go to bed. We'll have to assess the damage again in the morning. He did a good job, though. What a champ!!

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Poor Poor Ollie. No more grass for you. You should have just rolled Dexy down the hill with Ollie and then you could have seen if he was allergic and gotten all the wondering out at once and been done with it.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Oh no!! Poor thing; that's terrible. It was really fun to see you last night Angie. It makes me wish you lived here for reals and we could hang out. Will you ever move back??