Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Easter!


I know, this is almost a week late, but I've been having issues with my SD card. My computer wouldn't read it and wouldn't read it and it finally did today. That's why I haven't posted in so long and am now behind. We'll just start with Easter, though. We had a very fun, low-key kind of Easter. We didn't dye eggs. We didn't get them big baskets with lots of junk that they didn't need. We didn't even do anything until after Church. I wanted Sunday to still be Sunday and for the whole purpose of Easter - the ressurection of Christ - to be at the forefront of the day. It turned out well. And, we still got some treats and had a good time with family. After nap time we went to Cristina's (my sister-in-law) mom's house. She has a great backyard and was very kind to let us all come have an Easter egg hunt at her house. My parents, Derek's family, my family, and Cristina's mom were in attendence. The grandmas had gone all out! There were books and plastic eggs EVERYWHERE! The eggs were filled perfectly - a few Angie approved treats such as marshmallows, fruit snacks, and clementines and then some little fun things like stickers, stretchy braclets, and even some Hot Wheels cars. Cristina and I were anti a bunch of processed sugar and it was so nice for everyone to comply and still find things that felt like treats to the boys. We got the boys sand buckets instead of baskets so that they could be a part of their "treats" for the day. Each boy adopted a different egg hunting style. Jude would only collect the clementines. If his mom handed him an egg, he'd just throw it and pile another orange into his bucket. Ollie only gathered eggs, but he wouldn't put the egg in his bucket. He cracked every egg, dumped it's contents into his bucket, and then cast aside the empty egg. Dexy was the only one we went traditional and gathered eggs, oranges, and the books into his bucket. Then we had hamburgers on the grill. It was beautiful earlier in the day, but the weather turned on us. It was so windy that most everyone ate inside. Derek and I got blown away trying to eat outside. It even rained a little bit. Then the boys each got a big, blue sucker after dinner and had a great time playing their "running back and forth" game down the hall (they do it everywhere we go when the 3 of them are together). We had a fun Easter! Thanks to everyone for providing houses, food, treats, and their company. And thanks to Grandma Bowles for the boys super cute outfits that came in their Easter package. They wore them to Church and looked so cute all day. Happy Easter!


2 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

My favorite part about this was the different egg-hunting styles. :) I am also happy to see a kindred anti-processed-sugar-ite. Sadly, our Easter was filled with lots of it (at least for Kaitlyn but none for Lainee, thankfully). I was actually slightly upset/irritated the whole weekend, and I think that was the reason. Totally my fault, though; I was kind of lazy about it. Maybe next year.

Cristina said...

Our boys are getting so big. We are going to be able to do more and more things with them as time goes by. Next year we will probably be able to dye eggs and we will have to really hide things. Make it an Easter challenge.