Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random Daily Happenings

The boys both wanted to nap in our bed one day, so I decided to give it a try. They both laid right down, and quietly went to sleep. I was shocked! They were so nice and looked so cute! However, when they tried it the next day it didn't work out so good and they were back in their own beds in 20 minutes. But it was sure precious!


Dexy has picked up his brother's mantel of letter obsession (Ollie has moved on to math). He had them at the table during dinner and decided that he liked them so much he wanted to eat them, I guess. Ollie use to do this kind of stuff with the letters, too.



Ollie decided that it would be so fun to slide down the stairs on his tummy.


It was rather entertaining and funny! However, Ollie has terribly sensitive skin.

This was the result of his fun. And the picture doesn't do it justice. It looked really painful!



Dexy is his daddy's little buddy! He loves to play with him and snuggle up to him while he watches TV or works on the computer. It's adorable!





My boys new thing is to climb behind the couch. It's a curved sectional, so there's a little gap between the sofa and the corner. Ollie can climb in and out of there easily. Dexy, however, can get back there, but then has a hard time getting out.


It's not my favorite activity of theirs, so sometimes I just leave him stuck back there for a few minutes while I finish what I'm doing. He's so easy-going that he chillaxes while he's waiting for me and just says, "Ma! Ma!" every 20 seconds or so. He is still less likely to go back there for a while after having to be stuck, though, which is good.



A couple of Sundays ago, Ollie had thrown up all night and then again in the morning while I was getting ready for Church. He kept saying that he wanted to go to Church, but he was so lethargic. I told him that if he was coming that he'd have to get up and get dressed. Then I went to get Dexy dressed. When I came back, I found Ollie on the floor. It was like he had tried to get up because he wanted to go to nursery so bad, but took 2 steps and collapsed on the floor. Needless to say, he didn't go to Church that week. No one in nursery wanted his barf germs anyway.



As I have said before, I am not much of a morning person. It takes us a while to get going. This is what it often looks like at my house utnil about 9 or 9:30. We lay around in my bed and sometimes watch a show while they drink their cupful of milk. I acutally kind of like these slow mornings. I do need to get better about get us dressed and ready for the day after that, though. Oliver has qualified for preschool and we'll need to have him up and ready by 9 a few times a week after the Easter break. I guess we'll have to just start our snuggle and chill session earlier. That's all that's been happening lately; nothing new or exciting. But it's our life and we like it!


1 comment:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

I laughed out loud at the letters in the food. Kaitlyn came running over to see what was so funny and, totally aghast, said, "Are those LETTERS that he is eating??" We are also lazy morning people, as well. :)