Thursday, July 29, 2010

Growing Up Boys

Ollie loves to do "writing." It's his favortie activity. And now that he's getting so big, he has to use the makers instead of the crayons. In the past, I've been hesitant to let him use markers, but now that he's 2 1/2, I thought that I'd let him try. This is the first day that he got to use the markers and you can see why I was resistant. He ended up with markings all over him!
He even drew a mustache on himself! He really does want to be all grown up. He has been getting much better with the markers, though. Now he usually just ends up with it all over his hands, and as my mom (who is an elementary school teacher) told me, he needs to practice and it's actually so awesome that he WANTS to do writing, because must little boys don't want to. So, I guess it's just time to buy those markers that only write on special paper. Or at very least, ones that say washable on them!
And as you can see, he's also getting bigger and has been trying out big boy undies for the last few days! We can only do it when were at home, but he has actually been doing pretty good. I guess it's time to just really buckle down and finish this whole potty training thing.
And of course, when he saw Ollie wearing them, Dexy had to have big boy undies on too! He was so anxious to be like his big brother that he wanted me to put them on right away. So I did!
I love how he looks like some kind of crazy super hero! He always wants to be just as big as his cool big brother.
And of course, to be a big boy, you HAVE to wrestle with your Daddy! They are just getting so big and are so much fun! I love my silly boys!

3 comments:

Cristina said...

I love Ollies french mustache. No fake paper cause them you would miss out on all the funny pictures.

Rob O said...

I love your silly boys too!

Bobby and Melissa said...

I agree with Cristina, keep the pictures comin'. And you can potty train my little man too if you want to! I always dread that part of parenthood :)