Saturday, November 20, 2010

The 5 Hour Wait

I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 for the whole month. Finally, the time arrived! My mom was the only person willing to go with me to the first ever, midnight showing. Brian isn't all that into it, so he sweetly agreed to stay home with the kids. However, it's a big deal so we had to go wait in line to make sure we could get a good seat (so missing the assigned seating of the Northern Utah theaters right about now). Brian had a very homework filled week, though. So my mom and I took the boys with us for the first 45 minutes or so. I had had meetings all day, therefore they didn't have a chance to go anywhere. It was good for all. They got out for a while to do something different, we got a place near the front of the line, and Brian got a little more time to finish some studying.They loved pretending to drive this car video game, getting drinks out of the drinking fountain, going under the line dividers, and just generally running around somewhere different.
But by the look on his face, the wanted posters made Dexy nervous. :)
Eventually they started getting bored and more people started showing up, as well as the fact that Ollie needed a diaper change, so I took the boys home for baths and bedtime with Daddy.

When I got back, my mom and I rigged up this portable DVD player and speakers and started watching the 5th movie with a really cool family that was right in front of us in line.

We watched the movie, talked with other fans, ate ice cream and waited and waited and waited.

At about 10 PM, they let us into one of the rooms to wait. This was much preferrable to sitting on the hard floor by the cold door. We got great seats, towards the back right in the middle. Then we ate popcorn and Twizzlers, drank so much soda (this came back to haunt me later when I needed to use the restroom, but refused to miss any of the movie and therefore had to hold it for over an hour), and played Catch Phrase with the same great family that was now in the row just in front of us. They were fun. Fianlly at 12:00 on the dot, one of the workers came in and asked us if we were ready to start the movie. We, of course, all replied with an exuberant "yes!" I don't care what the haters say. I have loved Harry Potter. All the books, all the movies, the people they cast, everything. And this movie was even more fabulous! It's so great having it split into 2 parts because they were actually able to follow the book fairly close and fill it with so much Harry Potter goodness! Loved it! I'm already going again in an hour! My sister-in-law, Cristina, really wanted to go, but has a 6 week old and didn't want to be the lady with the crying baby in the midnight showing full of crazed Potter fans. When she asked last night if we wanted to go agian so that she could have some friends, both my mom and I happily agreed!

3 comments:

Janey said...

Aww, I love your mom! And she is such a trooper. I'm not much for midnight showings, but it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Rule #1, never drink soda before or during a movie!!

krimmeez said...

I just saw it Ang and LOVED IT! If I lived by you, I would definatly sit in line with you all day! :)

Cristina said...

Harry Potter is the coolest!