Thursday, March 3, 2011

2 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed


On the 25th of February, my boys got into an all out jump-fest on Ollie's bed. His bed was wet, so I went into his room to strip the sheets. They followed me into Ollie's room, so I turned on their kids songs and gathered up the dirty blankets and sheets and took them downstairs. When I came back, my 2 little monkies who were sitting on the bed, really started going. I turned the music up for them and they started rockin' out to nursery rhymes. They were jumping and flopping and singing. When a song when end, they'd stop and clap and say "yay!" And when the next song started they'd yell out, "Dance!" (or DA! if you're Dexy) and then start back into jumping with vigor! Then they were going to the edge of the bed to hold onto the dresser while they jumped extra high. But they both wanted to jump by the dresser and there's only room for one, so I had them take turns. And Dexy started being the turn moniter for us. He'd run up to the dresser, jump a few times, and then raise his hand and say, "ah, Doo!" This meant it was Ollie's turn (for some reason, Dexy calls Ollie "Doo"). Then Dexy would run to the wall and let Ollie have his turn jumping by the dresser. After a few jumps, Dexy would raise his hand and say, "ah, De!" Then he'd take his turn. Then, "ah, Doo!" meant Ollie's turn again. And then, "ah, De!" and he did this over and over. It was so, so, so precious! I recorded a video of him doing it for over 2 minutes because I just couldn't get over how precious it was. And no one worry - I stayed right by them the whole time and they don't jump on the bed without me in the room (probably mostly because they won't play in Ollie's room for very long unless I'm near by). I know it's dangerous. I keep a close eye on them. They were just having so much fun this time around that I didn't want to put an end to it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cristina said...

It's dangerous? I must have forgoten about that all 5 million times I let my kid jump on the bed. Sometimes Jude falls off but he gets right back up, brushes himself off, and goes for more. Tough cookie!

Rob O said...

A splendid time was guaranteed for all.