Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dexter's 1st Haircut


Yesterday we had the big, entire Bowles family picture (that's when we took our new family pic that now is our blog header), so we cute Ollie's hair yesterday. It was looking kind of crazy with some curly patches and some not so curly patches. I wanted to keep letting it grow, but it turned out looking really cute. We left Dex's long, because his hair is kind of his trade mark. However, tonight when we got home from Marie's house, it was all tangled from him rubbing his head in his carseat and Brian decided that it was time to cut his, too. It was so long. The longest we had was a 1 inch attachment for the clippers and that took off so much hair. As soon as Brian finished I really, really wished that we had just clipped the long parts around his ears, off his neck and out of his eyes with a pair of scissors instead of using the buzzer. It seems so short now and he has lost so much of his Dexy essence! His massive hair was his thing and now it's gone. I must admit that I am incredibly sad! It will be nice however to get it out of his eyes and make it easier to wash. I guess that he also looks more like and boy now. And he looks quite a bit like Robby now, too. He actually handled the buzzer very well considering the fact that he's only 4 months old. I will miss my little boy's adorable mop, but now my boys are both clean cut and missionary appropriate. In my sadness Brian pointed out to me that it's never to early to get them ready for missions and I guess that includes the haircut!













4 comments:

LisaJ said...

The first one is always the hardest! He still looks adorable, but I agree that he looks more like a little boy now instead of a baby. Cute kids!

Heather said...

WOW! They look SO much alike in this picture. They are definitely brothers!

Rob O said...

What happen to that beautiful hair? My poor Dexy. I do kind of like the spiked look on him though. Ollie looks great with his short hair.

Cristina said...

WOAH!!!Who knew a couple inches of hair could make such a diffrence. He looks like a totally diffrent baby. But you can really see his momma in him now.