Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Double Stroller?


We just got back to chilly Salt Lake after a fun week in St. George. Since we have kind of a small car, I couldn't bring our big, beautiful double stroller with us. I figured that it wouldn't be a problem. It is winter after all. But a few of the days that we were there were not only not freezing, they were actually sunny and quite nice. I guess I have forgotten what winter in Southern Utah is like. My dad was so nice to walk to work a few of the days and let us borrow his truck. But on this sunny day, he had to do some work in Hurricane and therefore needed his truck. My mom was at work as well. It looked like we were stuck at home on such a nice day! I remembered a really cute picture of my siblings and I all stuffed into a double stroller and I thought to myself, "if my mom can stuff 4 kids into a double, then I can certainly stuff 2 into a single." So I did just that! They found it funny at first, but by the time we were almost to K-mart Ollie wasn't too happy about his legs getting squished and Dexy was about to fall out. I took Ollie out and let him walk and just pushed Dex the rest of the way to the store and in the store. When we left, we had to cross a busy street or two, so I carried Ollie on my shoulders from the store about 4 or 5 blocks. He walked a few more blocks and got a piggy back the rest of the way home. It was effort for me, but it was worth a lot to get the kids out of the house and keep us all from going crazy! The next day, Derek and I took our boys to the park and I put both of my boys in their bigger single stroller (the kind that you can hook an infant car seat into) and it worked much better. They were a couple of really nice days and I was so happy to even have the option to go outside, so it was worth it to make it work!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brian Bowles said...

Are they twins?

Cristina said...

So funny, Dexy is so far out of the seat that he looks like he is levitating.