Thursday, December 10, 2009

Girls Are Just That Way



Oliver and Dex have both been pretty sick the last couple of days. When Brooklyn got here this morning, she started right into bugging Ollie. Because he was sick, it was really driving him crazy and therefore was rather annoying to me to hear him whining over any little thing. But, after a few hours of her teasing Oliver for attention, she finally realized that we would just give her attention because we like her and stopped. From that point on, she was not only pleasant the rest of the day, but she was actually quite enjoyable. And I realized that eventhough girls can be divas (we see that from her sometimes), there are some beauties to having a girl around the house. After we ate lunch, I was wiping the table off and Brooklyn came over with something and started pretending to wipe off the bench. I tought to myself, "heck, if she's willing why just pretend!?" So, I got her a wet paper towel and she happily went to work. She helped me clean the bench, Dexy's chair, Ollie's chair and was even scrubbing the floor of her own choice! I gave Ollie one, too. He wiped down the bench for about a minute and then proceeded to just rip his paper towel into shreds.




He ran off to go play and Brooklyn continuued to help, even picking up the paper towle that Ollie had ripped up all over the place. Oliver only decided to help once I whipped out the camera to take pictures and as long as he got to use the "real" rag. Later she was putting her baby in the high chair, breaking up little crackers into small pieces to feed to her baby and she thought it was so great when I started feeding it pretend baby food. So domestic and only 20 months old! Girls just come that way I guess. She was such a good little helper today!

2 comments:

krimmeez said...

girls are great! I love when Kaitlyn gets in the mood to help, she can really be a great help.

Cristina said...

Too funny, but for the most part in life women are the creators and men are the destroyers. HA HA.