Saturday, February 6, 2010

Brooklyn Returns

The second week in January, we switched from watching Brooklyn Betensen twice a week to only once a week. She now comes to play just on Wednesdays. And the last couple of weeks she's been sick on Wednesday, so we haven't seen her in a while. When she came on Wednesday of this week, everyone was happy about it. Maybe because it had been a while. When her mom dropped her off bright and early at 7:30 still in her jammies, she actually got excited to see me, wanted to come right to me and wasn't sad in the slightest when her mom left. I was very happy about that because she's usually not so friendly toward me right when she gets here (which is totally understandable). My boys were still sleeping, so I asked her if she was still tired and wanted to lay by me for a while. She happily laid in between Brian and I and went back to sleep. Dex woke up first, but not until after 9, Ollie next at about 9:30, and Brooklyn and Brian didn't wake up until we had nothing else to do in the kitchen and had to come out into the living room at about 10:30! What a joyous, restful morning! Then they all played really happily together, all napped again from 1:30 - 3:30 (all at the same time, so even I got a little rest), and then we watched Super Why! and snacked on the chocolate muffin that was in Brooklyn's "snack bag" until her mom came. It was a really easy-going day, especially for a Brooklyn day, which was great because I've been a little crabby over the last couple of days! They were all super nice, sweet kids! The pics: Brooklyn and Dexy mesmorized by Super Why!; Brooklyn with her favortie baby, my very first Cabbage Patch Doll, Osgood that I got when I was 3 and kept for all these years; eating chocolate muffin, Ollie's only sad because I was trying to make him sit in the chair instead of carrying it around; and my cute boys being friends! It was a good day.











And just a cute story about my little Ollie from tonight so that I don't forget: We had kind of a crazy day. I watched Marie's boys so that she and Ryan could go out for a couple of hours. Because they were coming over, I put Dex in with Oliver for naptime. They talked like 2 little furbies for 45 minutes. Dexy finally fell asleep. It was quiet for a few minutes, then Ollie started making noise. I didn't want him to wake Dex, so I went in to get him only to find him totally naked, holding his diaper and the smell of poop in the room. He had pooped in his bed. I just got him out, cleaned him up and put his diaper on and let him play with his cousins. I had to wait till Dex woke to scoop up the poop and load all his blankets into the washer. Then we had one of our married friend couples and their little boy over for a fun homemade pizza dinner (somewhere in between all this I made pizza dough). They left at about 8:45, having a 15 month old of their own and understanding the need to not stay too long, but it was still kind of late. I fed Dex and put him in his bed while Brian just sprayed Oliver off in the shower instead of a bath like usual. Then I got Ollie all ready for bed, read only a couple of stories and said prayers. Here's the cute part. I put him in his bed and he very sweetly said, "tata milk?" I couldn't resist, so I said, "you can have some chocolate milk. I'll go get some. I'll be right back." I went into to the kitchen to find that Dexy was not in his bed where I had left him. He was crying so Brian had gotten him out. I shook up some chocolate milk, while Brian told me the deal with Dex so it took a little while. When I took it into Ollie, I found him sitting peacefully in his bed just waiting for my return with his chocolate milk. When he saw me, he very happily said, "ta-ta milk." I handed it to him and he laid down contentedly to drink his milk and go to sleep. It was just so sweet and precious how he was just pleasantly waiting for me to bring his milk to him. What a sweet boy!

2 comments:

LisaJ said...

It shows what a nerd I am that I thought this post was going to be about a Newsies sequel!! :P

Rob O said...

Is Dexy walking or just standing?