Monday, February 22, 2010

A Toddler's Fashion Sense

I try to give Oliver some options and let him help me decide what he wears, but this morning he did all the deciding. I opened his drawer to get some choices out for him when he came right over and pulled out this pair of shorts. He then insisted on wearing them.
So I let him wear the shorts, eventhough it was only about 35 degrees today, and tried to convince him to wear a long sleeve shirt that at least kind of matched (we do live in a basement, so I try to keep them dressed according to the temp outside as it gets colder down here), but to no avail. He not only didn't want to pick one of my preferences, he just didn't want to take off his pajama shirt. In fact, he flat out refused. Since I try not to fight with my kids over dumb, little things that don't really matter, I just let him keep his jammie shirt on.

To top it off, he had to put on this pair of multi-color strip, Elmo socks! And then he had to make sure that Dexy was wearing his crazy Elmo socks, too! Gotta love it!

Just a side note: we had a tragic hair cutting mishap tonight. Brian thinks that Ollie's curly hair looks silly and has been wanting to cut his curls off. I, of course, object. But he just has been bugging me about cutting the boys hair. So tonight, I said he could as long as he didn't go too short. He got the clippers out and asked me to hand him the 3/4 inch attachment. The color code said that one was purple, so I grabbed a purple attachment and handed it to him, but said that it looked kind of short. He said it was fine (not really looking at it, just thinking I was being sad about the hair cutting), clipped it on and started on Ollie's hair. After a couple of strokes it was obvious that it was not only kind of short, but really short. There were 2 purple attachments, one 3/4 and one 1/4. I didn't realize it and had handed him the 1/4 inch and neither one of us really checked it. It is really short, again, and I am super sad! I have been fighting to let the curls be and finally Brian was going to just trim it and I made a silly mistake and now the curls are gone again and my cute boy kind of looks like a cancer paitent. Ugh!!!! So tragic. We checked better for Dexy and used a 1 inch attachment on his hair, but I still think even that is too short for him. Then Brian cut his own hair. I guess no one's hair is safe in our house!

1 comment:

Rob O said...

I think he looks slammin!