Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The 1st Celebration of Ollie's 2nd B-Day

It's taken me a while to post these for some reason, but on Saturday the 27th of February we had a fun party for Oliver's birthday. That weekend was the closest to Ollie's actual b-day that my parents could come up, so we just celebrated a little early. And since that day was the day after Amanda got married, we figured that the Bowles family would need a rest. We will celebrate with them tomorrow on Ollie's birthday. Anyway. On Saturday we met Marie's family at the McDonald's in Lehi and had a grand old time. Marie made the cake on the delicious frosting for us and then went above and beyond the call of duty by making scrumptous sugar cookies that spell out "happy birthday Ollie." I lined them up all cute, but my camera batteries were dead, so mom took a picture of it. You'll have to wait until they post it or email it to me to see it spelled out, but no matter what it was cute and they were yummy! Mom and I then decorated the cake. She paitently stuck tiny M&M's all around the cake for me while I wrote the letters and his name. It turned out so cute, so thanks a bunch to both Mom and Marie for helping me make it happen!
We had a good time letting the kids play in the playplace, eating hamburgers and fries, and getting the kids all hopped up on sugar! Mom also found Seasame Street plates, cups, and napkins with letters all around them to tie in with our letter theme. And Mom and Dad stopped and bought 6 balloons, one for each boy to take home. Thanks, again for helping this be fun! I love the picture of Mom and Dexy making the same face and of course, the classic of Dad and I taking pictures of each other taking pictures!
The best part of it all was getting to celebrate my big Ollie's 2nd birthday with my side of the family! We get to see the Oliver clan WAY less often than the Bowles clan, so it was so great to have them be a part of our lives and memories. I'm sure that when we look back, we will remember how much we enjoyed each other's company way more than the fact that the playplace ended up packed with what seemed like a trillion, noisy, unsupervised kids, eventhough right now that part is a little more memerable! All in all, it was a great time and I'm so glad that we were able to make this party happen. Thanks, again to everyone for your help and for coming and celebrating with us!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rob O said...

How fun was that!! Thanks for having us.

Cristina said...

I'm glad everything worked out for you guys. Everything looks super cute!