Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday Morning

This morning when we woke up, our house was a total mess! So, I crankely forced everyone to help me clean. I wasn't going to do it all by myself when I didn't make the mess all by myself. But, once the house was at least cleaner, we got out as a family to enjoy this beautiful St. George fall weather. The boys love tp go up to the bluffs to climb the "Dexy Rocks," as Ollie calls them. Daddy told him one time that the words on the rock said dixie and when Ollie said, "Dexy?" his Daddy just said, "sure." So, now he's convinced that they are the "Dexy Rocks." Anyway.

We drove up to Pioneer Park and started climbing all over the red rocks. The weather was fabulous and it was so nice to be out enjoying it as a family. The boys do such a good job of climbing even as toddlers. They are awesome! They scaled rocks...

...tromped down paths, over hills, and through bushes. A lot of times, they even wanted to do it all by themselves.

One of Ollie's favorite things, dangerous child that he is, is to have Daddy put him up on a high rock so that he can jump off! He is so brave and has such trust in Brian! We had a terrific morning - everyone up and help clean as we work together, then everyone out to have fun as we play together!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

krimmeez said...

Oh how I miss St. George. We are 55 and pouring rain. Looks like fun, although I would be terrified to watch my kid jump off a rock like that, but it is right up Aaron's alley. Boys huh?

Melanie and Daniel said...

I don't know how you watched Ollie jump off that rock. That picture alone gives me anxiety. It is an awesome picture though.

Heather said...

Ang, I NEED pictures of baby Alice. I know you texted me one but I can't make it load right. Please send me some!

Rob O said...

I love hiking in the red rocks north of town!!!!