Saturday, October 9, 2010

Painted Halloween Pumpkins


Since our boys are still just toddlers, I decided that painting pumpkins would be much better than carving them with sharp knives. They were actually able to help this way. They did a great job and had a good time painting. I was so well pleased in our fun, crafty Family Home Evening. Dexy kept pointing to whatever color he wanted next.

Here's Ollie painting what he said was a green, happy horse.


Dexy used his yellow paint to make a swoopy shape that he then quacked at - he'd painted a duck! Then he painted over it and everything else. It just turned into a big, dark green blob, but it was still so cute to see if actually painting.

When they were all painted out and all painted on, they went upstairs with Brian to start bathtime while I added the finishing touches to their beautiful masterpieces.

Our pumpkins turned out really cute (Ollie wanted, and I quote, "2 happy ghosts" on his so that's what I painted and then I just turned Dexy's big, white blob into a ghost, too). We had such a fun, family time. We're getting really excited for Halloween!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: