Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, to Me



OK, so this is kind of snotty for me to post about my own birthday, but the boys enjoyed the cake and the pictures of them eating it are great. Plus, we actually did a couple of things that were fun. My b-day was on Sunday. My parents came up on Friday and Saturday and stayed with Marie. They took all of the adults out to lunch on Saturday for their part of the b-day celebration. Brian's sisters, Amanda and Angela, were so nice to follow us down to Lehi and watch all 6 boys (my 2 and Marie's 4) so that we could go to Texas Roadhouse child free. They even brought me ice cream and told me to "saddle up" while they shouted a kind of yee-haw happy birthday. Then on my actual birthday, we went to the Bowles house for our usual Sunday dinner and they had made me a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles, probably because I told Angela that more chocolatey was better. It was yummy and chocolatey! They sang 'Happy Birthday' (Oliver hates that song, by the way; he cries every time he hears it) and then we all dug into the cake. Even the boys got it on the action. Ollie had chocolate all over his face and shirt and Grandpa Bowles succumbed to Dexy's pleas so even he got a little bit of cake. It was a typical "adult birthday", but at least there were a couple of fun things. Thanks to all my adult family members who know what it's like to have an "adult birthday" and therefore tried to make it as special as they could!




2 comments:

Rob O said...

Dexy needs some of that delicious cake too! We are so glad that you came to our family 28 years ago. You have been and are a joy!

krimmeez said...

Happy B-day Ang!!! Sounds like it was a great "adult" b-day. i love Texas Road House, I could eat their rolls by the dozen! Nice of Grandpa to share the cake with Dexy. Kaitlyn got her first taste of Pepsi when my mom dipped her pacifier in it and let her suck on it. Gotta love grandparents!