Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Infamous Yellow Tub

The bathroom in the basement that we live in is incredibly small. There's barely enough room for one person to be in there and there's no bathtub, just a small shower. So, we had to improvise. Ollie got washed in the sink for the first few weeks that we lived here, but he quickly got too big for our puss green, kitchen sink which is also smaller than average. Marie had this old, yellow tubberware bin that she didn't use anymore. There's cracks all over it, but I figured that it was better than nothing. I took it home, duct taped the cracks (ghetto, huh?), and turned it into our "bathtub." He sure has fun in it even though it's a little sad looking. But sadly, I think that he's starting to get too big for this too. And Dex is getting too big for our blue, baby tub. I guess that I'll just have to improvise again. Maybe this time I'll be able to work something out that will fit both of them otherwise the whole bathing routine will continue to be quite the lengthy process - fill Ollie's yellow tub, wash him, dry and dress him, dump his tub, get him in bed, fill Dexy's blue tub, wash him, dry and dress him, dump his tub, get him in bed - needless to say, it takes a while. But Oliver has loved his tub and we'll cherish the memories, even if I don't so much love it now!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: