Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Eggs, Anybody?


We have been low on food for quite a few days and today we finally went shopping. I was so excited to have some food in our fridge. I brought all the groceries into the kitchen to put them away and told the boys to play out in the living area for a few minutes. I was almost finished, when Ollie walked into the kitchen holding something. He said, "egg, eggs" and handed it to me. And he was correct. It was an egg. In the moment, I had a sudden, horrifying realization - I had forgotten the eggs and left them sitting on the table. Ollie had been playing aweful quietly and I suddenly knew why. I walked out into the living area, knowing exactly what I was going to find - eggs, everywhere! And I was right. The egg that he had given me was the only one of it's brothers to survive the raid. Fortunately, we have been borrowing the Bowles wet/dry shop vac, so I just whipped it out and sucked it all up. Today, I was actually glad that this carpet is so old and disgusting. It made it so that I could just say to myself, "well, that's life; these things happen," take pictures, and clean it up without flipping out. Not such a good day for the eggs, but all in all not a bad day for the rest of us!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rob O said...

Quite the inquisitive child!

Cristina said...

What a massacre! But that old ugly brown carpet finally worked in your favor.