Sunday, January 31, 2010

Locks of Love, Finally


I have been talking about donating my hair to Locks of Love ever since Thanksgiving when Hollianne and Angela decided to straighten my hair for me. I hadn't straightened it for a really long time. When they finished and I could see how long my hair actually was, that's when I got the idea to donate it. But, everyone is busy and I have 2 little boys so I just kept not getting around to it. Then at Christmas time, both my mom and Cristina said that they would cut it for me, but alas, again it just didn't happen. My hair just continued to grow and be super long and massive. The situation was just never right - I needed my hair clean, straight (so that I cut keep more hair when measuring the 10 inches), and I needed someone willing to take the pluge with me and do the choppin'. Well, Brian has a friend whose just starting a photography business and was offering a good price, so we decided to have him talk family pictures for us. Brian suggested that I straighten my hair for the pictures so that we could have a record of how long it was before I donated it. So I did. Yesterday I washed it and straightened it and we got pictures taken (I'll post those when we get them in a couple of days - I'm excited to see them because I think they will be really good). Then today we went to the Bowles house for Sunday dinner as usual. And finally the setting was perfect. Hair clean? Check. Hair straight? Check. Daring person willing to hack off 10 inches of my hair? Check! Hollianne was there and when she asked if I was still going to donate my hair and I said yes, she got that classic, giddy Hollianne look in her eyes and I knew that finally the hair was coming off! She asked if I wanted to cut it right then and there and when I said yes again, she asked if she could do it. And I said, "go for it!" And go for it she did! She hasn't really ever cut anyone's hair before, but I was willing to let her try and it turns out that she did a good job. It's pretty short now that all is said and done, but I really like it. It feels so light and free. When we got home, I had to shower to get all the hair off, so I did it curly to see how it looked that way. I must say that it's much cuter straight. Good thing I got a Chi for Christmas! All I have to do now is mail in my braid. Thanks Hollianne for doing such a great job and for helping me finally donate to Locks of Love!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I love it!!! Seriously, it is so cute straight! Curly works too, but I do like it better straightened.

Rob O said...

Arg, all that beautiful hair gone. It is for a good cause though and it will grow back. I like straight with it short and curly when it is long.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Wow! I am always impressed when people donate. That is a lot of hair! And Angie, you look so stunning with the shorter, straight hair. I love it!