Saturday, January 16, 2010

Entertaining Ouselves


Yesterday afternoon Oliver woke up before Dexy, but Dexy sleeps in the main living area. Therefore, Ollie and I had to entertain ourselves in the back bedroom with the door closed. There's not a whole lot to do in there because I don't keep any toys or books back there; everything is in the main living area where Dexy was sound asleep. So, I took our portable DVD player, a Little Einsteins disc, and a few books back with me when Ollie woke up. But of course, that only lasted so long. Earlier that day, I had used my breast pump. Well, Oliver found some of the extra bottles in a box in his room and the only thing I can figure is he decided that he would try to express some milk himself. "Where does this thing go?" "Mayber here?" Not working so well, huh buddy? Fortunately, Brian came home for about an hour between jobs and then the real fun could begin. Ollie got to fly high (well, as high as he could in a basement with incredibly low ceilings). That only lasted so long, so eventually we just went out into the living room and let Ollie wake Dex up. It was after 5 by that point and I figured he needed to be awake anyway. But, we did a pretty good job of entertaining ourselves.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: